Friday 21 September 2012

Our Narrative

Once upon a time
I believe it was a Tuesday

- The main character begins laying on a bed, she's happy and talking about how they met.

When I caught your eye
We caught onto something
I hold onto the night
You looked me in the eye
And told me you loved me
- Looking back at how they fell in love. Shot of the boy catching sight of the girl for the 'first' time.

Were you just kidding?
Cause it seems to me
This thing is breaking down
- Shot of them sitting on the sofa, not looking at each other. She's wondering if he really does love her. Things are starting to go wrong. High camera angle will be used and neutral coloured clothing to make her look vulnerable.

We almost never speak
I don't feel welcome anymore
Baby what happened
Please tell me cause one second it was perfect
Now you're halfway out the door
- They are becoming distant, he is moving away from her emotionally and she doesn't understand why. Shot through the window of the boy walking away from the house.

 
And I stare, at the phone
He still, hasn't called
And then you feel so low you can't feel, nothing at all
- She is waiting for him to come back to her but he seems to have disappeared from her life. She is now upset and feels alone. High camera angle and neutral colours used to show vulnerability and innocence.

And you flashback to when he said
Forever and always

- She thinks back to when they fell in love. Outdoor shot of her walking through a field.

Oh, and it rains in your bedroom, everything is wrong
It rains when you're here and it rains when you're gone
- She feels sad with him and without him, she is confused and doesn't know what to do. Shot of her laying on her bed, no longer happy.

Cause I was there when you said
Forever and always
- Thinking back to when they fell in love. Outdoor shot.

Was I out of line? Did I say something way to honest?
Made you run and hide like a scared little boy?

- Camera moves to the window in her room. She is frustrated at him, thinks she might have done something wrong but he hasn't told her what.

I looked into your eyes, thought I knew you for a minute
Now I'm not so sure

-Doubting whether they are right for each other. He's not who she thought he was. Outside shot of the boy walking away with another girl.

So here's to everything
Coming down to nothing
Here's to silence
That cuts me to the core

- They no longer talk anymore and have lost the love that they had between them. Sitting on opposite ends of the sofa, not talking.

Where is this going?
Thought I knew for a minute but I don't anymore
- She doesn't know what he wants her to do, she thought he loved her and would always love her.

And I stare, at the phone
He still, hasn't called
And then you feel so low you can't feel, nothing at all

- He still hasn't given her an explanation for what she's done. She is hurt and upset. High camera angle to show her feeling down. The girl checking her phone to show he hasn't called her (outdoor shot)
And you flashback to when he said
Forever and always
- Thinking back to when they fell in love. Shot of them holding hands and smiling at each other. Outdoor shot.
Oh, and it rains in your bedroom, everything is wrong
It rains when you're here and it rains when you're gone
- Their relationship is still broken, she still feels empty without him. Shot of her laying on her bed.
Cause I was there when you said
Forever and always
-Thinks back to when they were in love. Shot of him putting his arm around her and smiling. Outdoor shot.
Didn't mean it baby?
I don't think so
Back up, baby back up
Did you forget everything?
Back up, baby back up
Did you forget everything?
- She has worked out he never loved her in the first place, she's trying to remind him about what he said to her; that they'd always be together. Outdoor shot.
(repeat chorus again) - by the end of the song she is outside alone and walking away. Final shot will fade out.

No comments:

Post a Comment